What is konjac noodles made of
What is konjac noodles made of? As a konjac food manufacturer, i could tell you that the anwser is "Konjac" like the name, so what is konjac?
Konjac, which is written as "Shirataki" (Japanese: 白滝, often written with the hiragana しらたき),original from Japan, cultivated wildly in China and Southeast Asia, konjac noodles are made of the root of konjac vegetable, people also call it konjac yam or devil's tongue yam or elephant yam, the word "Shirataki" means " white waterfall", description of the shape, konjac roots are full of Glucomannan, a water-soluble dietary fibre that are very low in digestible carbohydrates and food energy. The flavor of konjac is not enjoyable.
Wet and dried noodles
The konjac noodles you buy on the market are divided into 2 kinds: Wet or dry, Wet konjac noodles always kept in a packaging that are full of liquid to storage, when going to consume them, you will need to unwrap the package and then rinse and drain the water before cooking, the flavor you smell is not pleasant, as for the dried konjac noodles, there are no flavor and you need to soak before cooking.
Different from other noodles
Konjac noodles are different from other noodles like rice vermicelli, they are whitish and translucency in the ingredients though, vermicelli are made of rice flour, konjac noodles doesn't contain high calorie and carbs, and because they are made of konjac root, they are full of dietary fibre, which traditional noodles doesn't contain. Features like this made konjac noodles a new star in diet foods.
- • Keto friendly: Konjac noodles are both low in calories and digestible carbohydrates, which means they're allowed on many healthy-eating recipes. They are gluten free and vegan food.
- • Weight loss: Because konjac root are full of glucomannan, which gives you a long interval for starving, ending up eating less.
- • May lower blood sugar: Glucomannan has been shown to help lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes and insulin resistance, viscous fiber in Glucomannan will delay stomach emptying, then blood sugar and insulin levels rise more gradually as nutrients are absorbed into your bloodstream.
- • May lower cholesterol: Researchers shown that glucomannan increases the amount of cholesterol excreted in stool so that less is reabsorbed into your bloodstream.
• If you have issues with digestion, then it may cause digestive issues, such as loose stools, bloating and flatulence. Gradually introduce them to your diets is more reasonable for you.
• Glucomannan may reduce the absorption of certain medications, including some diabetes drugs. To prevent this, take your medication at least one hour before or four hours after eating shirataki noodles.
• For konjac allergic people or pregnant people, better not trying these konjac noodles.
Konjac noodles are made of konjac root, which makes them a great substitute for traditional noodles.
Except for being low in calories, 5Kcal per serving, they can help you feel full and will be beneficial for your weight loss plan.
Further more, they have benefits for blood sugar levels, cholesterol.
You may like
Post time: Jan-13-2022